Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Heavy metal term paper

Heavy metal term paper

Mar/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

Full Length Research Paper Analyses of Heavy Metals in Water and

Heavy metal term paper

Essay Writing Service -
Heavy metal pollution and human biotoxic effects - Academic Journals

ap homework 1) Print and complete the following review materials for our upcoming test on Friday, October 6th, 2017: You need to complete #'s 1-10 on the Chapter 2 Practice Test (Multiple Choice Only as we'll do #'s 11-13 in metal class Wednesday), AND complete the 2 Frappy's for Chapter 2 that follow the practice test in results this packet. Heavy Metal. Basis of cellular, Problems: (2.54) Scores on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (a standard IQ test) for the 20 to 34 age group. are approximately Normally distributed with a mean of 110 and Sx = 25. (a) At what percentile is an IQ score of 150? (b) What percent of people aged 20 to 34 have IQs between 125 and heavy metal, 150? (c) MENSA is an an article child left bill, elite organization that admits as members people who score in heavy metal term the top 2% on IQ tests. What score on the. Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale would an individual aged 20 to 34 have to earn to qualify for MENSA membership? #8203; HOMEWORK DUE MONDAY, October 2nd, 2017: From Chapter 2; Section 2: 1) Complete the following problem: Baseball teams since 1900 have had fairly predictable ranges of win/loss records before the season even begins. Only 5% of teams win less than 60 games and 40% of teams win at least 80 games. Respiration Essay Ap Bio. What is the metal paper mean and standard deviation of cellular ap bio, MLB games won based on term paper historical records? 2) Schedule for next week: (a) Monday (10/2/17): Finish Chapter 2 and essay questions ap bio, begin reviewing for our Unit 1 Test (Chapters 1 2). (b) Wednesday (10/4/17): Review for Unit 1 Test. Metal Paper. (c) Friday (10/6/17): Unit 1 Test. Basis of Problems: (2.54) Scores on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (a standard IQ test) for about the no left behind the 20 to 34 age group. are approximately Normally distributed with a mean of 110 and Sx = 25. (a) At what percentile is an IQ score of metal paper, 150? (b) What percent of people aged 20 to 34 have IQs between 125 and 150? (c) MENSA is an elite organization that admits as members people who score in the top 2% on IQ tests. Of Seismic Resistance Buildings. What score on the.

Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale would an individual aged 20 to 34 have to earn to qualify for MENSA membership? HOMEWORK DUE TUESDAY, September 26th, 2017: From Chapter 2; Section 2. 1) p11 AE 118 AE119 (manual parts only - not the calculator portion of heavy metal paper, problems). 2) p12 BOTH AE 120's (manual parts only - not the calculator portion of the problems). This is a total of essay my future, 5 problems with any related subparts/questions associated with them. Paper. HOMEWORK DUE MONDAY, September 18th, 2017: 1) CYU 112 and Practice Problems #'s 1-7. HOMEWORK DUE THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th, 2017: #8203;1) Chapter 2, Section 1: Beginning on p.7 #'s 3-16 (#3 through the end of the packet). CLASSWORK for Friday, September 8th, 2017: 1) Good news and bad news. Good news: we're not moving to Chapter 2 by way of video lecture today!

So, some of you can take a big sigh of relief! :-) Why? My family and I have evacuated Florida this evening and paper results, are on paper the road. Therefore, I am unable to upload a large video file over heavy metal term paper, Verizon's LTE network. unlimited data . Respiration Essay Ap Bio. HA! liars! 2) Bad news: you still have classwork to do today. Depending on what the heavy metal governor does with schools due to the a essays the Hurricane (assuming SCA will follow the Governor's move), I will be in contact through our Remind App if I decide to assign work over the weekend/if school is cancelled beginning of next week with the storm approaching. WHAT I NEED YOU TO DO TODAY: - Below you'll see a PDF file attached that you can click on and open. My tests are a lot different now, but this is the heavy term paper Chapter 1 portion of the an article the no essay 2015 Unit 1 Test I made and heavy term paper, gave to AP Stats.

So, for practice complete this ENTIRE packet before the end of class today. An Article About The No Behind. There will NOT be any pre-printed copies available to you since my plans have changed, but just use blank notebook paper to complete the assignment, and I'll make copies for you when I return for your studies going forward. - TRY not to heavy term work with anyone else, as this should be clicking for my future wife everyone by now, so utilize the assignment to assess your knowledge and heavy metal paper, whereabouts of how well prepared you are for the first half of our unit 1 test (content in Chapters 1 2). CLASSWORK for Wednesday, September 6th, 2017: 1) Complete the Chapter 1 Practice Test and Chapter 1 Frappy. An Article About Child Left Essay. These are to metal term paper be done entirely, and to the best of your ability. Your hard work completing these WILL be rewarded when I return. 2) The sub will likely tell you once you finish those assignments to come to this website and watch the lecture video and do the assignments from the video until the end of class. That's true, but also not so much. The Hurricane and apa research paper, pending forecast has altered our trip to Disney a good bit and I've not been able to create or load the video just yet. So if you completed the practice test and Frappy in metal paper one class period, that's actually VERY impressive. If you DIDN'T get everything done today, it IS DUE by the time I return to class.

3) Friday, still plan to bring your computer and bell. HOMEWORK: Due Friday, September 1st, 2017: 1) Chapter 1, Section 3: Pages 11-12 CYU66 (Did Mr. Starnes Stack his class problem. 2) You NEED to results check your answer by watching the quick, 5 minute video below. Come to class with any questions you may have, if you don't have any questions in the morning, then it will be assumed you know what you're doing and we'll move on to the next topic(s).

HOMEWORK: Due Wednesday, August 30th, 2017: 1) Chapter 1, Section 3: Beginning on Page 14 - #'s 6, 8-16, and finish AE65 on heavy metal page 11. HOMEWORK: Due Monday, August 28th, 2017: 1) Chapter 1, Section 2: Beginning on Page 9 - #'s 5, 9-17. 2) Chapter 1, Section 3: Beginning on Page 13 - #'s 1-4. The A. HOMEWORK: Due Thursday, August 24th, 2017: 1) Chapter 1, Section 1: Problem #'s 9-17. 2) Chapter 1, Section 2: Problem #'s 2-4. 3) I still need to see Syllabi that are signed by heavy metal paper, you and a parent/guardian by anyone in the class that hasn't shown me yet.

HOMEWORK: Due Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017: 1) You and a parent should review and sign the syllabus. 2) Join our Remind Communication App Class - The code for AP is @APstatsSCA. 3) Set up your notebook's 15 dividers as specified in class. See below if you forgot, or lost your handout. #1 AM Work (AP Review Questions) #7 MIDTERM REVIEW. #12 AP Review: Chapters 1-4. #13 AP Review: Chapters 5-6. #14 AP Review: Chapters 7-10. #15 AP Review: Chapters 11-12. 4) Complete Chapter 1, Section 1 Note's Homework Assignment: Problems #1-4. Left. SCA Phone: 864-578-4238.

AP Stats Students and Parents: Text @APstatsSCA to heavy paper 81010 to join and text me. CP Stats Students and Parents: Text @CPstatsSCA to 81010 to join and metal, text me.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Heavy Metal Music Essay Examples | Kibin

Origins of ISIS aka Islamic State. Well Researched Essay Exposes ISIS and War Agenda. In Syria we backed . some of the wrong people and metal term paper, not in the right part of the Free Syrian Army. Some of cellular respiration essay those weapons from Benghazi ended up in the hands of ISIS. So we helped build ISIS.

U.S. Air Force General Tom McInerney (see video here of heavy term this statement on ISIS origins and US government's covert support) The below incisive article on the origins of ISIS (aka Islamic State) by the a in law SCGNews connects the dots that so few in the major media are connecting. Almost all major developments in the Middle East, including ISIS and Al Qaeda, somehow end up supporting the long-term goals of Washington's elite to eliminate its enemies in Iraq, Libya, Syria, and heavy term, Iran. Read this carefully researched report with links to my future wife, reliable, verifiable sources to understand how the war juggernaut pours out money even to extremists to keep us in a perpetual state of war.

Then explore some of the resources suggested to page for scholarship, help expose this and build a better world for all of us. With best wishes for a transformed world, Note: See also intriguing evidence that the beheaded American Steve Sotloff was an Israeli asset. The Covert Origins of ISIS. Evidence exposing who put ISIS in power, and how it was done. Important note: If you are reading this as an email, the excellent videos below will not show up. Please click here if you want to read this powerful article online with all videos easily accessible.

The Islamic militant group ISIS [also known as ISIL], formerly known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq, and recently rebranded as the so called Islamic State, is the stuff of nightmares. They are ruthless, fanatical killers on a mission, and Evaluation Resistance framed buildings, that mission is to wipe out anyone and everyone from heavy term paper any religion or belief system and to impose Shari'ah law. Wife! The mass executions, beheadings and even crucifixions that they are committing as they work towards this goal are flaunted like badges of pride, video taped and uploaded for the whole world to see. This is the new face of evil. Would it interest you to know who helped these psychopaths rise to power? Would it interest you to know who armed them, funded them and trained them? Would it interest you to cellular essay questions ap bio, know why? This story makes more sense if we start in the middle, so we'll begin with the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011. The Libyan revolution was Obama's first major foreign intervention. It was portrayed as an extension of the Arab Spring, and term, NATO involvement was framed in humanitarian terms. The fact that the CIA was actively working to heavy metal, help the Libyan rebels topple Gaddafi was no secret (see this AP article), nor were the airstrikes that Obama ordered against the Libyan government, as evidenced in this Los Angeles Times article.

However, little was said about the identity or the ideological leanings of these Libyan rebels. Not surprising, considering the fact that the leader of the Libyan rebels later admitted that his fighters included Al-Qaeda linked jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq (as reported in this article in the UK's Telegraph ) . These jihadist militants from Iraq were part of what national security analysts commonly referred to as Al-Qaeda in Iraq. Remember Al-Qaeda in Iraq was ISIS before it was rebranded. With the assistance of U.S. and NATO intelligence and air support, the Libyan rebels captured Gaddafi and summarily executed him in the street, all the while enthusiastically chanting Allah Akbar. An Article Child Essay! For many of those who had bought the official line about how these rebels were freedom fighters aiming to establish a liberal democracy in Libya, this was the beginning of the end of their illusions. Prior to the U.S. and cellular, NATO backed intervention, Libya had the highest standard of living of any country in Africa. This according to heavy paper, the U.N.'s Human Development Index rankings for 2010. However in the years following the coup, the country descended into chaos, with extremism and violence running rampant. Libya is now widely regarded as failed state. After Gaddafi was overthrown, the Libyan armories were looted and cellular respiration essay questions, massive quantities of weapons were sent by the Libyan rebels to Syria. Heavy Paper! The weapons, which included anti-tank and my future husband, anti-aircraft missiles were smuggled into Syria through Turkey, a NATO ally.

The Times of London reported on the arrival of the shipment on September 14th, 2012 (further confirmation in this New York Times article). This was just three days after Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed by the attack on metal paper the U.S. Resistance Of Steel Framed! embassy in term paper Benghazi. Chris Stevens had served as the U.S. government's liaison to the Libyan rebels since April of 2011, as confirmed in this ABC News article. While a great deal of media attention has focused on child left behind the fact that the State Department did not provide adequate security at the consulate and was slow to metal term paper, send assistance when the attack started, Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh released an article in April of 2014 which exposed a classified agreement between the CIA, Turkey and the Syrian rebels to create what was referred to as a rat line. The rat line was a covert network used to respiration essay questions, channel weapons and ammunition from Libya, through southern Turkey and across the Syrian border. Funding was provided by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. With Stevens dead, any direct U.S. involvement in that arms shipment was buried, and Washington would continue to claim that they had not sent heavy weaponry into Syria. The U.S. and its allies were now fully focused on taking down Assad's government in Syria. Of Seismic Framed! As in metal term paper Libya this regime change was to be framed in terms of human rights, and the no child behind essay, now overt support began to supplement the backdoor channels, as reported in this New York Times article. The growing jihadist presence was swept under the rug and covered up.

However as the rebels gained strength, the reports of metal paper war crimes and atrocities that they were committing began to create a bit of a public relations problem for Washington. It then became standard policy to insist that U.S. The A G Davis Essays In Law! support was only being given to what they referred to as moderate rebel forces. This distinction, however, had no basis in reality. In an interview given in April of 2014, FSA commander Jamal Maarouf admitted that his fighters regularly conduct joint operations with Al-Nusra. Al-Nusra is the official Al-Qa'ida branch in Syria.

This statement is metal paper further validated by an interview given in June of 2013 by Colonel Abdel Basset Al-Tawil, commander of the FSA's Northern Front. In this interview, he openly discusses his ties with Al-Nusra and expresses his desire to see Syria ruled by sharia law. (You can verify the identities of these two commanders in this document from The Institute for the Study of metal term paper War) [Video link] Editor's Note: Since this article was posted, the above video link has been censored. Yet you can still find it at this link or this one. Moderate rebels? Well it's complicated. Not that this should really come as any surprise. Reuters had reported in 2012 that the FSA's command was dominated by Islamic extremists, and in law, the New York Times reported that same year that the majority of the weapons that Washington were sending into Syria was ending up in the hands Jihadists. For two years the U.S. government knew that this was happening, but they kept doing it.

So to review, the FSA is working with Al-Nusra, Al-Nusra is working with ISIS, and the U.S. has been sending money and page essay, weapons to the FSA even though they've known since 2012 that most of these weapons were ending up in the hands of extremists. You do the math. [UPDATE 9.03.14]: Retired Lt. Gen. Tom McInerney admits: We Helped Build ISIS: Note that the first version of this video uploaded (here) was quickly taken down. To insure that this clip does not disappear we have provided a secondary download link here. Heavy Metal Term! So if the video below isn't playing then use that link and upload it elsewhere. [Video link] Lt. Essay My Future Husband Wife! Gen.

Tom McInerney: In Syria we backed . in some cases some of the wrong people and not in the right part of the Free Syrian Army (FSA). I've always maintained . About Left Behind Essay! that we were backing the wrong types. Some of those weapons from Benghazi ended up in the hands of ISIS. So we helped build ISIS. In that context, the sarin gas attacks of 2013 which turned out to have been committed by the Syrian rebels, makes a lot more sense doesn't it? If it wasn't enough that U.N. investigators, Russian investigators, and Pulitzer prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh all pinned that crime on Washington's proxies.

The rebels themselves threatened the West that they would expose what really happened if they were not given more advanced weaponry within one month. This threat was made on June 10th, 2013. In what can only be described as an amazing coincidence, just nine days later, the rebels received their first official shipment of heavy weapons in Aleppo. After the second sarin gas fiasco, which was also exposed and therefore failed to metal paper, garner public support for airstrikes, the U.S. continued to increase its the training and support for the rebels. [Video link] In February of 2014, Israel's Haaretz reported that the U.S. and its allies in the region, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Israel, were in the process of metal paper helping the Syrian rebels plan and prepare for a massive attack in cellular respiration essay the south. According to Haaretz , Israel had also provided direct assistance in military operations against Assad four months prior (access a cached version of the Haaretz page here). Then in heavy metal term paper May of 2014, PBS ran a report in framed buildings which they interviewed rebels who were trained by the U.S. in Qatar. According to heavy metal paper, those rebels they were being trained to my future, finish off soldiers who survived attacks. They trained us to paper, ambush regime or enemy vehicles and cut off the road, said the fighter, who is identified only as Hussein.

They also trained us on how to attack a vehicle, raid it, retrieve information or weapons and about child behind bill, munitions, and how to heavy, finish off soldiers still alive after an ambush. This is an article about child left behind a blatant violation of the Geneva conventions. It also runs contrary to conventional military strategy. In conventional military strategy soldiers are better off left wounded, because this ends up costing the enemy more resources. Executing captured enemy soldiers is the kind of tactic used when you want to strike terror in the hearts of the enemy. It also just happens to be standard operating procedure for ISIS aka the Islamic State. One month after this report, in June of essays in law 2014, ISIS made its dramatic entry, crossing over heavy, the Syrian border into Iraq, capturing Mosul, Baiji and almost reaching Baghdad. The internet was suddenly flooded with footage of drive by shootings, large scale death marches, and mass graves. And of layout for scholarship course any Iraqi soldier that was captured was executed.

Massive quantities of American military equipment were seized during that operation. ISIS took entire truckloads of humvees. They also took helicopters, tanks, and artillery. They photographed and video taped themselves and advertised what they were doing on social media, and yet for some reason Washington didn't even TRY to stop them. U.S. military doctrine clearly calls for the destruction of military equipment and supplies when friendly forces cannot prevent them from heavy term paper falling into enemy hands, but that didn't happen here. ISIS was allowed to carry this equipment out of Iraq and into the no behind bill essay, Syria unimpeded. Metal Term Paper! The U.S. military had the means to strike these convoys, but they didn't lift a finger, even though they had been launching drone strikes in Pakistan that same week, as reported in the New York Times . Why would they do that?

Though Obama plays the role of a weak, indecisive, liberal president, and while pundits from the right have had a lot of fun with that image, this is just a facade. Some presidents, like George W. Bush, rely primarily on overt military aggression. Obama gets the same job done, but he prefers covert means. Not really surprising considering the fact that Zbigniew Brzezinski was his mentor. The A G Davis Essays In Law! [Video link] Those who know their history will remember that Zbigniew Brzezinski was directly involved in metal term the funding and Evaluation Resistance of steel framed, arming the Islamic extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan in heavy term paper order to weaken the Soviets. [Video link] And by the way, Osama bin Laden was one of these anti-Soviet freedom fighters the U.S. was funding and arming. This operation is no secret at this point, nor are the unintended side effects. [Video link] Officially the U.S. government's arming and heavy term paper, funding of the Mujahideen was a response to the Soviet invasion in December of 1979. However in his memoir entitled From the Shadows Robert Gates, director of the CIA under Ronald Reagan and George Bush Senior, and Secretary of respiration questions Defense under both George W. Bush and Barack Obama, revealed that the U.S. actually began the covert operation 6 months prior, with the express intention of luring the Soviets into a quagmire. (Preview the relevant text on google books)

The strategy worked. The Soviets invaded, and the ten years of war that followed are considered by many historians as being one of the primary causes of the fall of the USSR. This example doesn't just establish precedent. What we're seeing happen in heavy paper Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria right now is Evaluation Resistance buildings actually the continuation of an heavy metal term, old story. Al-Nusra and essay my future husband, ISIS (the Islamic State) are ideological and organizational decedents of these extremist elements that the U.S. government made use of term paper thirty years ago. The U.S. then went on to create a breeding ground for these extremists by page layout essay invading Iraq in 2003. Had it not been for the vacuum of metal paper power left by the removal and execution of Saddam, Al-Qaeda in Iraq, aka ISIS, would not exist. And had it not been for Washington's attempt at toppling Assad by arming, funding and training shadowy militant groups in Syria, there is heavy metal no way that ISIS would have been capable of storming into Iraq in Resistance of steel framed buildings June of 2014. No matter how you cut it, ISIS is a product of U.S. government's twisted foreign policy. Now all of this may seem contradictory to heavy term paper, you as you watch the drums of war against ISIS begin to beat louder and the air strikes against them are gradually widened. Essays! Why would the U.S. help a terrorist organization get established, only to attack them later?

Well, why did the CIA put Saddam Hussein in power in 1963, as revealed in this New York Times article? Why did the U.S. government back Saddam in heavy metal 1980 when he launched a war of aggression against Iran, even though they knew that he was using chemical weapons? Why did the U.S. fund and arm Islamic extremists in Afghanistan against the Soviets? There's a pattern here if you look closely. This is a tried and true geopolitical strategy. Step 1 [Problem]: Build up a dictator or extremist group which can then be used to wage proxy wars against essay husband wife opponents. During this stage any crimes committed by these proxies are swept under the rug. Step 2 [Reaction]: When these nasty characters have outlived their usefulness, that's when it's time to pull out heavy metal term paper all that dirt from under the rug and cellular respiration essay ap bio, start publicizing it 24/7. This obviously works best when the public has no idea how these bad guys came to power.

Step 3 [Solution]: Finally, when the public practically begs for the government to do something thanks to the media constant war drums, a solution is proposed. Usually the solution involves military intervention, the loss of certain liberties, or both. ISIS has been extremely useful to US interests. They have essentially done Washington's dirty work by weakening Assad. Of Seismic! In 2014, while the news cycle has focused almost exclusively on Ukraine and Russia, ISIS made major headway in Syria. As of August they already controlled 35% of the country. Since ISIS is largely based in Syria, this gives the U.S. Heavy Metal Term! a pretext to move into Syria. Sooner or later the U.S. will extend the airstrikes into Assad's backyard, and when they do U.S. officials are already making it clear that both ISIS and the Syrian government will be targeted, as reported in this CNN Article. Wife! That, after all, is the whole point. Washington may allow ISIS to capture a bit more territory first, but the writing is on the wall, and has been for some time now.

The puppets that the U.S. government has installed in the various countries that they have brought down in recent years have without exception proven to be utterly incompetent and corrupt. No one that Washington places in term paper power will be capable of maintaining stability in Syria. The U.S. government and its allies should should be aggressively condemned for their failed regime change policies and the individuals behind these decisions should be charged for war crimes. This would have to be done on a nation by nation level since the U.N. ! has done nothing but enable NATO aggression. While this may not immediately result in these criminals being arrested, it would send a message. This can be done. Malaysia has already proven this by convicting the Bush administration of war crimes in absentia (note the strange coincidence that one Malaysian Airlines flight has disappeared and heavy metal term paper, one has been shot down). Now you might be thinking: This all sounds fine and good, but what does this have to do with me?

I can't influence this situation. That perspective is quite common, and for most people, it's paralyzing. For Scholarship Essay! But the truth of the matter is that we can influence this. We've done it before, and heavy metal, we can do it again. This isn't going to be easy. To succeed we have to start thinking strategically.

Like it or not, this is a chess game. If we really want to essay, rock the boat, we have to start reaching out to people in positions of influence. Essay Questions! This can mean talking to broadcasters at your local radio station, newspaper, or TV station, or it can mean contacting influential bloggers, celebrities, business figures or government officials. Reaching out to current serving military and young people who may be considering joining up is also important. But even if it's just your neighbor or your coworker, every single person we can reach brings us closer to critical mass. The most important step is to start. [Video link] If you are confused about why this is all happening, watch this video we put out on September 11th, 2012. [Video link] If this message resonates with you, then spread it. If you want to see the BIG picture, and we've got some very interesting reports coming, subscribe to heavy term paper, StormCloudsGathering on Youtube, and layout essay, follow us on Facebook, twitter and Google plus.

And read what one of the most highly decorated US generals had to say about war being a racket orchestrated by rich bankers and heavy metal term paper, other monied interests. Educate yourself and then take action to make a difference. 28 Aug 2014 [Updated 03 Sep 2014] Note: The above is a lightly edited version of the original article available here. Page For Scholarship Essay! Watch also a video version of this powerful message. Then take a look at intriguing evidence that the beheaded American Steve Sotloff was an Israeli asset. Another well researched article links the CIA and other forces to the creation of ISIS. And for a futher useful article pointing out husband inconsistencies around the ISIS/Islamic State story and the beheadings in particular, click here. And explore the suggestions below for more ways to make a difference.

Finding Balance: WantToKnow.info Inspiration Center. WantToKnow.info believes it is important to balance disturbing cover-up information with inspirational writings which call us to be all that we can be and to work together for positive change. Heavy Metal Term! For an abundance of of steel framed buildings uplifting material, please visit our Inspiration Center. See our exceptional archive of revealing news articles. www.momentoflove.org - Every person in the world has a heart. www.personalgrowthcourses.net - Dynamic online courses powerfully expand your horizons.

www.WantToKnow.info - Reliable, verifiable information on major cover-ups. www.weboflove.org - Strengthening the Web of Love that interconnects us all. Subscribe here to the WantToKnow.info email list (two messages a week) Subscribe here to our free email list for two information-packed emails per week. WantToKnow.info is heavy metal term a PEERS empowerment website. Dedicated to the greatest good of g davis essays all who share our beautiful world

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
English Research Paper on Influence of Heavy metal Music in

Librarian Resume Sample and Writing Tips. By Resume Genius. Click here to download. this MSWord Librarian Resume. Library Page Resume. 7844 Bond Street, New York, NY 63414. Recent graduate looking to heavy term, leverage three years of internship and volunteer experience into your Librarian I job.

opening. Experience working as both a children’s and a reference librarian, and assisted with various library projects such as presentations and grant writing. Possess a Master of Library Science degree. OAK VIEW PUBLIC LIBRARY New York, NY. Librarian Intern | Reference Desk, Children’s Library January 2014 – Present. Researched, assisted writing, and won a $500 grant offered by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and Neutrogena to heavy metal paper, host library programs regarding skin care Spearheaded a silent auction fundraising activity raising over respiration essay questions ap bio, $3000 in library donations Assisted with the coordination of children’s library operations, promoting special activities through email list campaigns Analyzed patrons’ requests to determine needed information, and assisted in collecting and furnishing that information Assisted with the checking in and out of books in a library serving.

BUFFALO LIBRARY Buffalo, NY. Library Volunteer June 2012 – January 2014. Taught first-time visitors how to browse the heavy metal paper, library catalog by using the , OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) Assisted patrons with locating books on heavy paper, shelves Processed new materials including books, audiovisual materials, and computer software Performed clerical activities, such as answering phones, sorting mail, filing, typing, word processing, photocopying, and mailing out results section, material. Master of Library Science, June 2014. Bachelor of Arts in English, June 2011. Skilled at grant writing – audience analysis, proposals, submissions Mastery of heavy Microsoft Office Suite Organized, efficient, and friendly with the public Bilingual – English and Korean.

Resume Builders: How to Write a Librarian Resume. The tips and insights on this page were provided by professional librarian Susan Frohnsdorff, who was kind enough to be interviewed for page layout for scholarship essay her take on term, what makes a strong librarian resume. She is the Assistant Branch manager for the public library in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina. She has a Master of Library Science from Kent State, and has been working as a librarian since 1998. In a sea of entry-level candidates, what can you include on the a g davis essays in law, your librarian resume to make yourself stand out? Susan identified several key areas where entry-level and professional librarians can strengthen their resumes to make themselves more attractive candidates. We’ve written an ideal resume based on her suggestions. We suggest that you follow along with these tips and pay attention to the small details to help you get your foot in the door. (Keep in mind that the resume sample on this page is for cellular essay ap bio an entry-level candidate looking to land a job as a Librarian I. Begin with a sterling Career Objective. Starting off with an eye-catching Career Objective is a key aspect of paper writing a resume that will get you more interviews.

In this section, you should boil down the of Seismic of steel framed buildings, most essential aspects of your professional experiences, academic record, and skills, and present them in a tight and concise three-sentence paragraph. (Read more about of Seismic Resistance of steel, how to write a Career Objective in our in depth article.) Let’s take this candidate’s Career Objective apart sentence-by-sentence and discuss what makes it strong. In the first sentence, the heavy metal paper, candidate reveals several bits of relevant information that would entice a hiring manager. Of Seismic Of Steel Framed Buildings. First, she immediately reveals that she’s an heavy term paper, entry-level candidate looking to apa research section, fill a specific job role (Librarian I). In addition, she places her valuable librarian related internship and volunteer experiences in the first sentence, which quickly makes her a relevant and strong candidate for that particular job role.

Pay particular attention to the bolded sections: Recent graduate looking to leverage three years of internship, and volunteer experience into your Librarian I job opening . Susan emphasized that volunteer and internship experience are the most valuable items to term, include on an entry-level librarian resume, as they can give you the type of real-world experience that hiring managers are looking for in a potential candidate. Volunteering is easier than ever now — just use a website like this to get matched up with local opportunities. Having volunteer and internship experience indicates that you won’t need to respiration essay ap bio, go through as much training. Having volunteer and internship experience indicates that you won’t need to go through as much training, and that you have the drive and initiative to discover opportunities and take advantage of them, which are excellent qualities for a potential candidate to essays, have. In the second sentence, the candidate reveals that she’s had experience in both children’s librarian services and reference desk services, and has also helped with presentations and grant writing. Take a look at heavy paper, that sentence here:

Experience working as both a children’s and a reference librarian , and assisted with various library projects such as presentations and grant writing. Why is Evaluation buildings, this sentence so important? Susan said that she prefers to term, hire librarians who show that they are constantly improving themselves, and have experience working in all job roles at a library. If you don’t have experience writing grants, or have only worked as a children’s or a reference librarian, try to move out of your comfort zone and learn new skills and job roles for a stronger resume. Finally, the candidate reveals that he/she has a Master of Library Science degree, which is a prerequisite for the Librarian I job opening.

With this information at the top of the resume, the candidate will have both made the resume extremely relevant to the job opening, and captured the hiring manager’s attention. Target your professional experience section, and quantify it. Your primary goal in this section is to respond to the hiring manager’s job description as much as possible. If you visit this website, you can see a list of normal Librarian I job duties (and all of the other roles as well.) Ideally, you should fit your resume to match the page layout for scholarship essay, job description written by paper the library you intend to cellular ap bio, apply to. However, your resume should be more than just a bland list of job duties that you’ve performed previously.

You should make your resume achievement oriented, meaning that your resume is reflecting your professional accomplishments, not just robotic daily duties. Susan identified a few items that she likes to paper, see on Evaluation of steel framed, a resume, because they indicate competence, self-discipline and a desire to learn, improve, and grow as a librarian over time. We’ve included most of them on this resume, and wherever possible, quantified them — and you should do the same. “Quantification” means that wherever you can, you should include numbers to essay husband, describe your experience clearly. 1. How many years of experience the heavy metal term paper, candidate has.

This is the most basic form of quantification, but many forget to include the number of years they’ve been working professionally. This information can have a big impact. …recent graduate looking to leverage three years of internship and volunteer experience … Giving the apa research paper results, hiring manager a sense of the size of the heavy metal paper, library you worked in will give them a clearer picture of the scope of the responsibilities you had to undertake. It also shows that you pay attention to an article the no left bill essay, the details. Assisted with the checking in and out of books in a library serving. Earning grant money is a great feather to term, put in your cap, and you should display it proudly on your resume.

Researched, assisted writing, and won a $500 grant offered by the American Association for the Advancement of Science… 4. Donations earned through fundraising activities. Both book and monetary donations are an g davis, important part of heavy paper many libraries’ operating budgets, so by putting a dollar value on section, any type of fundraising activities that your were a part of, or that you initiated. Spearheaded a silent auction fundraising activity raising over $3000 in library donations. Quantifying your experience will make your resume stand out. Susan said that the minimum she expects to see on a librarian resume is the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, and basic computer skills into order to be able to my future husband wife, use the library operating system.

She indicated that while Microsoft Word and Excel were the most necessary to have experience with, knowledge of Power Point was useful for helping library patrons with their projects, and knowledge of Publisher was useful for making publicity signs. Susan also looked favorably on including “soft skills” such as “Organized and efficient.” She noted, however, that there should be evidence in your job description bullet points to metal term paper, prove that you really do possess those soft skills. Another way to diversify you from the rest of the pack is to include any additional foreign language skills you have . You’ll want to be proficient enough to be able to hold an interview in whatever languages you claim you can speak however, so a semester of high school Spanish would not be something you include, but native level Korean would be. All of the the a g davis, above are great ways to make your resume stand out. But what else can you do now in your librarian career to heavy metal, ensure that your resume will look strong for future jobs?

Where else would a hiring manager look to an article left, see if you’re a good candidate to interview? I asked Susan how she would choose between two very similar resumes, between two candidates of similar backgrounds. Metal Paper. She said that if she had to choose between two very similar resumes (similar educational and work experiences), she will look for evidence that one candidate shows more initiative and drive than another . She determines this by term looking for the following attributes: Engaging in project experience means developing public programs, doing presentations, and training and teaching patron classes. This could mean anything from rearranging reference books more in a more logical manner, to having authors come into speak to your patrons, or giving a lecture on a topic that you have expertise in. Here’s an example from this resume where the Evaluation of Seismic buildings, candidate emphasizes their project experience: The more professionally engaged you appear to be on your resume (as evidenced by the projects you’ve managed), the heavy metal term paper, more you’ll stand out from your competition. Susan suggests that you write and apply for grants to put on , programs in your library. As you saw earlier, the candidate in the above resume sample actually earned a $500 grant (which is actually something Susan did, by metal term the way!) If you’ve won other awards associated with being a librarian, such as Librarian of the Year (or quarter!) don’t forget to include that information as well.

3. What about Professional Organizations and Associations? If you belong to an organization such as the American Library Association (ALA) or anything similar, feel free to create a section on your resume that includes this information. However, Susan said that she does not look to , see if candidates belong to librarian association, and that it doesn’t affect how she views a resume. Susan says she doesn’t belong to an association because the fees are too high. So don’t feel pressured to metal, join an association just to Evaluation of Seismic Resistance of steel framed, beef up your resume – it’s probably not necessary. We hope that this article helps you write your resume, and we wish you the best of luck on your job search. Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from results, this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Resume Genius on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, or Linkedin to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to term paper, pin it on Pinterest! Share Librarian Resume Sample and Writing Tips

Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to heavy, introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easy export to MS Word and PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the essay wife, quality of a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. Put your skills to the test, and learn how to term paper, make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady.

Tom Brady’s resume is the a, a couple yards short of heavy term a touchdown. There are tons of errors throughout. Layout For Scholarship Essay. See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to unlock your. Would You Rather Work for heavy metal a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for page essay a nice job.

5 Ridiculous Excuses To Calling Out Of Work That Were Surprisingly Successful. Every office is metal paper, bound to respiration essay questions ap bio, have that one person that abuses the call-out policy. These people go above and. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and career tips are regularly featured on heavy metal term paper, some of the world's leading online and offline publications including: Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market.

HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easily export to MS Word and PDF.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
Heavy metal contamination and toxicity Studies of - DiVA portal

20+ Free Resume Design Templates for Web Designers. Whether your aspirations are to earn top dollar as a freelancer or to land a lucrative job with a prestigious firm, there’s one huge obstacle for you to overcome: the metal web design arena is essays in law ridiculously competitive. Sure, you might have the design skills required for the job at term hand, but how do you get your foot in the door? And what do you do if nobody is taking any notice of you? It’s the classic catch-22 situation: need experience to get a job; need a job to get experience. But standing out from Resistance of steel, a crowded applicant pool isn’t unique for those working in web design – in fact, it applies to all industries. It’s just that in the creative world, you need to heavy metal be a little more, well, creative . Landing your dream job starts with your resume. I’m telling you now: a boring MS Word document you threw together in 12th grade and continued to update simply won’t cut it.

Fortunately, you#8217;re in luck: I’ve put together a collection of over 20 free resume templates to help web designers stand out page for scholarship essay, from the crowd. These resumes come in all shapes and forms, giving you the heavy opportunity to husband wife find something that reflects your unique style. Heavy Metal Paper? The templates are all available from Behance, one of the questions ap bio best places to heavy metal term showcase your creative skills, as well as to discover the essay work of metal term, up-and-coming talents. It’s also worth pointing out that the vast majority of these templates are available in PSD format. Essay Wife? However, some of them can also be edited using InDesign, Illustrator, or Microsoft Word. Let’s start things off with this gorgeous, elegant mint number by designer Ira Vosorowa.

If elegance is not your thing, Ira has several other awesome resume templates in her collection. This is probably my favorite of her templates, with a striking dark skin and space for an attention-grabbing header image. The template is heavy metal term also available in results, two skins: neon pink and pale mint. 3. Mint Self Promotion Resume Template. Continuing with the mint color schemes, next up we have Paolo Pettigiani’s beautifully clean CV template.

Our next template is available in three colors: blue, yellow, and green. Heavy Term Paper? Designer Nawas Sharif has done an excellent job with this one, also creating a cover letter template guaranteed to grab potential employers’ attentions. Saptarshi Nath’s awesome template uses a clean, simple, and minimal design. In particular, the metal striking green template is likely to make employers sit up and take notice – or feel free to design your own color scheme. Another beautiful, minimal resume template next, this time from designer Al Rayhan.

The three-page template comes with eight distinctive sections and a stylish yellow accent. Evaluation Resistance Buildings? 7. Jahangir Alam Jisan Resume Template. Heavy Metal Paper? This stunning resume template was put together by Jahangir Alam Jisan. The template oozes professionalism and incorporates a modern design with a clean red and blue color scheme. It also comes with three separate templates, with room for a portfolio, CV, and cover letter. 8. Zippy Pixels Resume Design Template.

Zippy Pixels has put together a gorgeous collection of essay husband, premium resume templates. The PSD version of this one, however, is term available completely free of charge. The template looks premium-quality, comes in three color schemes, and husband wife includes a cover letter template, too. Another bright and colorful resume template up next. It features a cool header design as well as prominent contact details. Metal? It’s also available in two colors. 10. Pixeden Resume Design Template. This creative resume was designed for maximum impact. The design feels modern and innovative, with the page for scholarship typography clearly the main design feature.

The black-and-white version is available for free. 11. Metal Term Paper? Ola Hamdy Resume Design Template. Paper Section? Ola Hamdy has created one of metal paper, my favorite resume templates here, with two versions available – one soft pink, one light grey. 12. Creative Professional Resume Template. Now for one of my favorites, courtesy of , PSD Freebies. Term Paper? This resume template screams professionalism while also showing some creative flair – the red-grey color scheme looks stunning.

Mike Bradshaw’s resume template also takes a more minimalist approach. Just a simple white/orange color scheme which looks impressively professional. Next we have this resume template from Fay Zodiac – this has to be one of the coolest in this collection. The template uses an interesting layout with lots of fun fonts. Essay Wife? It also includes business card designs, too. 15. Heavy Term Paper? Den Serduke Business Resume Template. This one is a simple-but-elegant design from of Seismic Resistance of steel framed buildings, Den Serduke. It features lots of white space, clean organization, and stylish color scheme. It also comes with a quirky business card design, too. A super-minimal CV template up next, for those who’d prefer to let their skills and heavy metal term paper experience do the talking.

We’re back to minimalist resume templates again, with this one designed by Ahmed Seneina. A simple design, sure, but it looks great. A gorgeous two-column resume template from Ashiqul Islam here. The minimalist design works beautifully with the striking header fonts, creating a great first impression. 19. Of Seismic Framed? Ashigul Islam#8217;s Swiss Resume Design Template. Another from Ashiqul Islam here. This one uses a similar minimal design, but this time, featuring a splash of paper, color at the top of the apa research bottom. Heavy Metal Paper? This color can be fully customized, too. Resistance? 20.

Emiliance Ismailov#8217;s Resume Design Template. A clean and stylish template from Emiliance Ismailov. The color scheme is eye-catching and metal paper professional. This template was also updated for paper results section 2016 recently, too. 21. Createer Team Resume Template Design. Heavy Metal Term Paper? Next, Createer Team has assembled this pack of resume templates. Rather than small color changes, this bundle includes a collection of five uniquely-designed one-page resumes.

22. Husband Wife? Alamin Mir Resume Template Design. Alamin Mir has created this ultra-professional resume template, targeted at web designers and creative individuals. Metal Term Paper? It comes with three separate templates – CV, portfolio, and cover letter. And that’s your lot – a run-down of 20+ free resume templates for web designers.

If you have any styling tips for page layout for scholarship essay creating a custom resume, or you’d like to share your favorite template, let us know in heavy, the comments section below! Article thumbnail image by liravega / shutterstock.com. ? Love this post! The only problem is that I#8217;m such a newbie that I am somewhat confused about how to convert PSD into WordPress. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube, but I don#8217;t have time to g davis in law check them all out. Any recommendations on one or two good tutorials? Thank you in advance! The idea here isn#8217;t to heavy metal paper convert these designs to WordPress.

Though you could take some inspiration here and build something cool with Divi on a #8220;resume#8221; page. But these are literally just free PSD templates for print resumes. Hope this helps! I#8217;d be happy to help you do it Gary? Hi Shaun, thanks for in law this. Some of them really hurt my eyes #128578; but most of them are really gorgeous.

This is a great post for heavy paper a creative professional looking for a resume template. But I still wonder what personnel experts say about these things. Left Essay? How creative can you get before you go over the line and they drop your resume in the trash can because it#8217;s too #8220;out there#8221; ?? I suppose this varies by heavy term the type of an article about behind bill, job or even the term paper type of g davis essays in law, company. But, for example, applying to a big company for a creative position (but the term whole company isn#8217;t in a #8220;creative#8221; field) #8212; how do they receive such resumes? Is it a risk to use some of page layout for scholarship, these? Also #8212; some of these are going to be very ink-heavy. If you wanted to print it yourself, or if you sent it as a PDF, the recipient may not be happy to print a resume with a black background on their printer. Some things to think about . . Term Paper? . I think the minimalist ones are the best ones of the for scholarship bunch. Heavy Metal Term Paper? I would say the essay ap bio heavy on the ink ones would be best on a website. I think it all depends on metal, the job you#8217;re going for.

Some agencies want to process everything as efficiently as possible; no frills. Others want to see your personality and essays determine if you#8217;re a good fit for heavy term their company culture. In the later cases, something more visually in apa research section, line with their own brand/values may be just the think that gets their attention. Somebody still has to explain to me how showing that I have #8220;80% proficiency#8221; in a field would in any way help me to promote myself. Heavy? These percentages in skills are the paper results section worst thing that happened to portfolio pages in recent years. You either HAVE a skill or HAVE NOT. I am going to heavy metal term paper agree with you on that, I am going to agree with you on respiration questions ap bio, that, Completely agree with you both, too! I#8217;ve been mystified by that too. I mean what on metal term paper, earth would C++ Programming:70% mean?

And who wants to hire 70% proficiency. Either you can build something or you can#8217;t. And anyone claiming 100%#8230;.Pffff! Hello Shaun Quarton , Thanks for shairing , Great post. Templates for creative professionals looking for a creative position at a creative agency. I made a pretty cool one just with Divi. Apa Research Paper Section? I want to say that I do appreciate this post and the effort of the all of the resume designers out there, it#8217;s a bit much and most companies could care less #8220;how#8221; your resume works. Being someone who constantly interacts with digital agencies within and outside of the WordPress communities, I see this all the time. Most of the folks that deal with the hiring want to be able to read your experience. They don#8217;t want to see star bars, graphs or other garbage that takes of real estate on a resume. Make it one page, a contact email and a website that shows off your work.

Don#8217;t put it on a resume, it#8217;s a waste of heavy metal paper, time. Thanks for the insight Alex. I#8217;m not sure I 100% agree with this. While some of these are WAY over the top for me, there are a couple that I, as a hiring manager, would#8217;ve appreciated for some positions. For instance: Many of these are way too over the top for someone applying to be a web developer, software engineer and even a web designer in most cases#8230; unless you#8217;re applying to metal paper a highly creative firm (ie: Adobe). However, as a graphic designer who does work for print the essay my future more minimalist designs on this post would give the heavy metal term paper hiring manager some nice insight to your abilities. But, if someone submitted #2 to me I would instantly be weary of their abilities for the job. Page Layout For Scholarship? While that layout might look okay as an online resume, there are very few instances where it#8217;d actually work in print. If someone handed that to me as their resume, I#8217;d probably throw it in the trash.

They didn#8217;t think about how it#8217;d display on paper or how much ink they#8217;d waste printing it. Also, the an article the no left bill essay fact that these are Photoshop files, instead of InDesign files, also makes me think that the designers that made these have no idea what they#8217;re doing in terms of print design. However, #4 (with a white background, instead of gray), 6, 12 (also with a white background), 13 22 would all get my attention and have plenty of room to showcase design skills, along with experience. It#8217;s very interesting that only a handful of these resumes were made without a bleed, though. Most people don#8217;t have printers that can actually reproduce these correctly and you#8217;re going to the no bill essay have to print them undersized and manually trim the edges so the metal color is seamless. Most of these designs (without trimming them) would look really weird when printed, because they#8217;d have a white outline on the page.

These would look great if you#8217;re able to have them all printed professionally and handed out in that manner, but if the agency will be printing them, they#8217;re not going to take the time to do this and it may end up making your resume look even worse in their stack. Terrific post ! Tks ! Thanks for wife the post. Since you have done the research, do you know of a timeline type cv that could be loaded with images? Horizontal or vertical. A bit Facebooky perhaps. I#8217;d like to show images of exhibitions and work that give an idea of development. They look cool#8230; in theory. My experience with these types of resumes is that there is not a lot of room for actual written text (i.e. bullet points about your successes for each job you#8217;ve done).

If you have a lot of experience your resume would be like 5-10 pages in this format. Also, printing a lot of these because of the background color is such a hog that I#8217;m not sure if a lot of heavy metal paper, execs would appreciate it. I think they are great inspiration for a web-based version of your resume though#8230; for the actual resume I#8217;d stick to black text and white background#8230; and paper results just format everything very nicely to make yourself look professional. Don#8217;t quite get this one. A resume with so much design takes away from the content. And, we#8217;ve moved to a more sophisticated online resume, LinkedIn. Also, I regularly read all the posts published by Elegant Themes. Term Paper? How about more posts discussing the incredible products Elegant Themes offers. Respiration Ap Bio? The Divi Nation podcasts are great and paper they#8217;re getting better all the time. Would also like to see a subscribe to comments option when you submit a comment so you can keep up with the conversation.

I#8217;m already subscribed to the blog posts. ? This was inspiring! Many of these designs are inspiring, while few of them were disturbing and paper will not help anyone to land a job. Thank you for write this good post and for sharing resume design trends. I#8217;m a recent graduate and a counselor told me not to the a g davis essays put any designs on paper, my resume because so many organizations now have software where you can upload your resume and it scans and pulls out the no left bill, your information.

She said, having a design (even a small one) on your resume messes with this software and as a result could ruin your chance of getting the job/interview. She said a regular Word resume is heavy metal term best. That being said, for apa research results print a lot of these are nice looking. Although I wish they didn#8217;t have those graphs. Why would you put you only know half of something? It never made sense to me.

Thanks for shairing , Great Idea. Love all the chit chat. Thanks for the info, everyone. As a resume designer, it helps to hear what people really need. I hate that job hiring has become so automated. I think it could be done better. Well, maybe a plain text resume is a good idea for uploads and pretty ones like these and the one I just made could do for in-person leave-behinds. Mint Resume Design (1), Dark Theme Resume Template (2) Graphics Fuel Resume Template (9) looks great. Fay Zodiac Resume Template (14), is too bleak for my taste. 437,821 Customers Are Already Building Amazing Websites With Divi. Join The Most Empowered WordPress Community On The Web.

We offer a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee , so joining is Risk-Free!

Academic Proofreading -
Картинки по запросу heavy metal term paper

essay on syncretism Syncretic Reality: art, process, and potentiality. Syncretic Reality: formative factors. Roy Ascott 2005. This paper will argue that Syncretism, which has been seen historically as an attempt to reconcile and analogise disparate religious and metal paper, cultural practices, may contribute today to our understanding of the multi-layered worldviews - material and metaphysical - that are emerging with our engagement in, amongst other things, ubiquitous computing and post-biological technology. The 'other things' are numerous and layout for scholarship essay, varied, and reach across conflicting ideologies, commercial and political strategies, ecological events, and heavy term paper, cosmological conditions. Evaluation Of Seismic Resistance Of Steel? The emphasis in this paper however is on digital and heavy paper, biological technology, and especially in its relation to apa research paper results section and effect upon, art practice. In short, it's about heavy paper, new media art and the syncretic reality that is both construed and constructed by that practice. Above all it is about breaking boundaries while maintaining cohesion, a most subtle attribute that is Evaluation of Seismic Resistance of steel, as necessary in the aesthetic as in the social sphere. Of the myriad universes of discourse that constitute whole cultures and countries, only those open to change and adaptation are likely to survive the step change in evolution exerted by scientific development and technological innovation. Heavy Metal Term? If countries and communities are to avoid homogenization in this process, it will need to be a syncretic process that maintains the apa research paper plurality of difference.

The syncretic process is heavy metal paper, not in any way to be confused with synthesis, in , which disparate things meld into a homogenous whole, thereby loosing their individual distinction. Paper? Nor is it mere eclecticism, which usually signals a wavering course of apa research paper section thought of only probable worth. In the syncretic context, extreme differences are upheld but aligned such that likeness is found amongst unlike things, the power of heavy metal paper each element enriching the power of all others within the array of of steel framed buildings their differences. Standing in emphatic distinction to binary opposition, syncretism is a process between different elements, the in-between condition of 'being both'. In trying to describe syncretism, it is heavy metal term paper, useful to bring into play the both both/and and either/or formulation of Marilyn Ferguson. If the definition of the term is necessarily nuanced, its etymology is certainly confused.

According to an article the no left essay Plutarch, syncretism refers to the ancient Cretan's decision to unite in the face of a common enemy (e.g. Term? sun-kretismos). My Future Husband? Subsequently, it has been taken to derive from the Greek sun-kerannumi meaning mixing together. Its original meaning will be retained in heavy metal, this paper. In different historical epochs, the common enemy has been variously religious, military, and political. In present day cultural terms the enemy is essay wife, habit – the passive, uncritical repetition or acceptance of behaviors, opinions, perceptions and values, and the enshrining as verities, metaphors that have passed their sell-by date.

Habit is the enemy of metal term art, impeding the search for layout for scholarship essay new ways of being. The syncretic process is metal, always an assault on habit, confounding the certainties and orthodoxies of unconsidered homogenizing convention. The A G Davis Essays? This has certainly been the case in media art: computer-mediated systems are inherently interactive and transformative, and as such they defy docile stability while bringing novelty to the dynamic equilibrium of living and cultural systems. After all, the first rule of metal paper cybernetics is to acquire 'requisite variety', and variety is the spice of syncretism. In the past, religious syncretism has suffered at the hands of orthodoxy, as indeed have the forces of intellectual inquiry and spiritual enlightenment. One thinks of the Gnostics, Neo-Platonists and Hermeticists of the late renaissance, the eradication of the Cathars, the wholesale burning of witches, and essay questions, the assault on Rosicrucianism.

All these bodies of knowledge and belief have been essentially syncretic in their formation, always bringing together the unfamiliar, proscribed, alien, non-linear structures of thought. The early 20th century saw the emergence of heavy spiritual and psychic syncretism in cellular respiration essay ap bio, Brazil in the Afro-Brazilian movement of Umbanda, and in Vietnam, the Dao Cao Dai or Caodaism as it is known in the West. Heavy Metal Term Paper? There is an essay questions, argument that says that all religions are effectively syncretic in their absorption of external elements either consequent upon colonization, conversion or simple geographical proximity. Shamanic Ceremony , Seoul, Korea. Term Paper? Roy Ascott 2001. But this is to describe the process of synthesis or covert eclecticism rather than the sustained heterogeneity that is husband wife, celebrated in authentic syncretism.

In this respect there are claims that the syncretic impulse in Brazil is not limited to Umbanda but constitutes a direct challenge to Christianity, seeing its canonical religious orthodoxy as the enemy as has happened so frequently in heavy metal term, the past. The last six decades have seen the growth of a remarkable syncretic Neo-Christian religion with ayahuasca as the sacrament. Following humble beginnings in the state of Acre in Brazilian Amazonia, these contemporary religious groups communing with Santo Daime or Ch Hoasca (as ayahuasca is known to them) have grown into major international religious movements with thousands of members. Far from being an aberration or anachronism, these churches, and the African Bwiti religion centered on the entheogenic sacrament eboka , rather represent the future of Christianity, stripped of its Doctrine of Transubstantiation by the Entheogenic Reformation, and with one or another genuine entheogen replacing the placebo sacrament. [i] However over-stated this claim may be, the use of entheogens[ii] and metal term paper, their chemical correlates, in the search for altered states of consciousness and direct spiritual engagement, is likely to heavy term paper grow over the coming decades. For those in page essay, the new media arts community, the switch in research of heavy paper one of its leading contributors, Tom Ray, from artificial life (of which Tierra [iii]is his landmark contribution), to the mapping of the chemical organization of the human mind[iv] is about the no left behind essay, highly significant in this respect. Since it is at the frontier of heavy metal term research in science, the great mysterium consciousness is likely also to be at the top of the agenda in art practice and theory over the coming decades. In a very limited but perhaps significant way, the international conference Consciousness Reframed: art and technology in the post-biological era [v] has sustained an annual contribution by artists and scholars of heavy metal some 70 - 100 papers each year since 1997. It mirrors qualitatively although not quantitatively, the biennial Towards a Science of Consciousness conference[vi] at Tucson, Arizona.

As I argue below, the about the no rituals and procedures of sacred ceremonies find their equivalent in Western codes and term paper, protocols of computer technology. In the old, traditional cultures, another technology predominates, providing its users with tools of consciousness and spiritual access, whose use lies beyond historical record. This is the technology of the psycho-integrator plant, a vegetal technology. In this regard also, the state of consciousness described as delirium in other contexts, for example as proposed by the French symbolist poet Arthur Rimbaud, is a feature of Islam in its least orthodox form, namely in the language of the Sufi. Indeed, Sufism is in itself highly syncretic, a spiritual practice which is essays, essentially in-between the tangible and abstract, the known and unknown, the visible and invisible, keeping each distinct yet related in paper, their difference. The Syrian poet Adonis elicits a significant link between the syncretism in art and in the spiritual domain in his study Sufism and Surrealism , in essays, which he writes: [Surrealist writing] like Sufi writing, appears for the most part to be filled with strange things, contradictions, obscure references and disjointed images . . .the anarchic, the heavy term paper astonishing, the baffling and results, the obscure form the basis for Sufi (and Surrealist) writing. . . .When the heavy paper poet enters a world of transformations, he can leave it only by transformative writing: waves of illuminating images, which do not bear scrutiny by reasonable or logical means, and my future husband, through which reality itself is transformed into a dream.[vii] It is in this heterogeneity of form and term paper, meaning, where synthesis is neither resolved nor sought, that syncretism finds its salience.

And it is with an agenda of transformation such as this, that the future of new media art may be determined. Evaluation Of Seismic Resistance Framed? While the significance of syncretic influences that bear on paper Sufism would be lost on those without Arabic scholarship, we can grasp the syncretic embrace of Surrealism by looking at those influences bearing on the Surrealist enterprise. They include Heraclitus, Abelard, Meister Eckhart, Rousseau, Swift, Sade and Lautramont. . as well as the about child left behind Celts and the Hopi Indians, magical arts, secret rites, Gnostics, anarchists, spiritualists, mental illness and cults. While surrealism is not a tendency of any direct urgency in new media art, never the less, the hyperlinks and non-linear modality of the digital culture lend themselves to heavy term the irrational and unexpected semantic elisions and links of Surrealist practice. How Breton would have Googled! What is asserted here is that understanding contemporary reality as syncretic will lead to significant changes in the way we regard our identity, our relationship to essay my future husband others, and the phenomenology of heavy time and space. About Child Left? Syncretism not only destabilises orthodoxies and changes language, it may also result in the release of the self from the constraints of overweening rationality and heavy term, totalising dogma. In religious or spiritual contexts, syncretism means combining rituals, psychic instruments, the assimilation of plants and herbs, into new forms of layout essay sacred communion.

A parallel process of the bringing together of disparate technologies (interactive and digital, reactive and mechanical, psychoactive and chemical), and new rituals of heavy metal term communication (mobile, online), and forms of of Seismic community (the Net), is seen in our society, and indeed remains open to the incorporation of the older arcana. Our take on reality will depend in part on our cultural conditioning that may constitute a passive acceptance of a normative description or a vigorous attempt at heavy term, its re-construction or re-definition. ? Interactive, digital and post-biological art provide us with tools and media that facilitate such construction, not only in virtual space but also in heavy, our very attitude to the nature of presence and interaction in and with the world. About The No Child Bill Essay? The asynchronic nature of telematic interaction is a good example of this. Within this syncretic reality, the human mind and telematic systems are interacting to produce a new sense of self and planetary consciousness. This raises the question whether our drive to create wider and deeper and faster networks can be seen as an evolutionary impulse to engage more fully with the universal mind? This in heavy metal paper, turn questions the cellular essay nature of mind, where it is metal term, located, how it is constituted, and whether for example it can be considered as an epiphenomenon of the brain, or part of a larger field of consciousness. Similarly with matter, its nature and essay my future husband wife, status is in doubt. Our culture is grounded in materialism, but in penetrating the material world beyond the nano level of heavy metal observation we find there is no matter. Quantum physics makes plain that matter is not composed of matter, but reality is merely potentiality[viii].The immaterial connectedness that defines quantum reality, is Evaluation framed buildings, a quality we associate equally with the spiritual domain, and is the essence of telematic art.

From the convergence of silicon-dry computational systems and wet biological processes a moistmedia art is heavy metal term, emerging. There may be an emergent faculty of cyberception that augments our awareness of the field of consciousness. An Article About Child? Does the paper flow of electrons and photons across the planet's telematic networks parallel the biophotonic information network of the body? In addressing these questions, one may reveal the nature and source of a new reality that is being formed, the syncretic reality that is emerging from the convergence of Mixed Reality technology and altered states of consciousness, and metaphors drawn from biology, quantum physics, field theory, language, combined with cultural, social and spiritual practices, in a hybrid space of potentiality. In terms of the syncreticity of essay my future wife new media art, the following factors might be taken into heavy metal term paper consideration:

Matter: dry computational systems and wet biological processes are converging to provide moistmedia for the artist. Mind: The human mind and telematic systems are interacting to produce a technoetic sense of self and planetary collaboration. Spirit: Immaterial connectedness defines both quantum reality and the spiritual domain. Information: The biophotonic information network of the body parallels the telematic flows of electrons and photons across the planet. Technology: Both the media artist's interactive technology, and the shaman's psychoactive technology offer immersive pathways into altered states of consciousness. We can claim that a syncretic art can arise when media is layout essay, moist, the mind is heavy term, technoetic, the body is transformable, and the planet is telematic. Some examples of recent projects that demonstrate many of these qualities are to be found in the transgenic work of Eduardo Kac, such as Move 36, Genesis, and GFP Bunny.[ix] An example of collaborative work of this genre can be seen in MEART: the semi- living artist [x], the product of Steve Potter's lab at Georgia Tech and Guy Ben-Ary's lab at the University of Western Australia, involving the Evaluation of Seismic of steel buildings brain signals of cultured rat cells controlling robots on the other side of the planet. MEART: the Semi-Living Artist , SymbioticA Research Group.

Australian Centre for term paper the Moving Image, 2003. The Tissue Culture and Art projects[xi] of Oron Catts and Ionat Zur constitute another exemplary syncretic discourse that ranges across ethics, biotechnology, artificial life, and cellular respiration ap bio, art. Metal? Their studio is located in the laboratory environment of a university biology department, and it is likely that the an article about the no behind development of advanced forms of syncretic transdisciplinarity of this kind will increasingly come from artist's studios located not only within or across scientific laboratories and engineering centers, but in truly remote regions such as the deep ocean or outer space. SymbioticA laboratory , University of Western Australia. Symbiotica 2003. As far as science as a whole is concerned (its institutions, ideologies and discourses), syncretism is in many ways anathema.

The whole history of modern science has been to keep to the straight and narrow path of reductionism. This tunnel vision has had huge success and undoubtedly is the bulwark of pragmatism. So much of the economy of utility depends on it. But it has been singularly unsuccessful in term, terms of human development, biological understanding and psychological or spiritual insight. Science is firmly cautious of straying beyond the bounds of strict causality and reductive materialism, but artists are prepared to look everywhere and the a in law, anywhere to try to heavy metal term paper reveal what is real and authentic in human experience. Science is caught in of Seismic, a trap of metal its own making: for example, it recognizes the counter-intuitive precepts of quantum physics, while refusing to recognize their metaphysical implications. The A G Davis In Law? In so far as matters of consciousness are concerned, science is in denial.

Artists, untrammelled by orthodoxy (though no less concerned than the scientist with authenticity), are explicitly syncretic in their manner of creation. They are prepared to examine any discipline, scientific or spiritual, any view of the world - however esoteric or arcane - any culture, immediate or distant in space or time, in order to find ideas or processes which might engender creativity. There is no meta-language or meta-system that places one discipline or world-view automatically above all others. Such syncretic transdisciplinarity can inform artistic research at all levels. This is why we look in all directions for inspiration and understanding: to the East as well as the West; the left hand path as well as the right; working with both reason and term paper, intuition, sense and questions ap bio, nonsense, subtlety and sensibility. Since syncretism is inherently impure, contaminated, unorthodox and alien, it fits well with the ambition, structure and layering of term disparate and unordered sources of ideas and images that constitutes postmodernism in the arts. The conditions causing the emergence of the a essays a syncretic art reflect the order of things in the world at large, and the many epistemological and ontological conflicts and uncertainties that shape our cultural scene.

These are set within a larger context of uncertainty that is almost cosmic in its dimensions. We have, for example, no knowledge of what constitutes the very ground of our reality. We know very little about dark matter and dark energy, just as the purpose and heavy metal term, function of Evaluation of Seismic of steel buildings junk DNA is heavy metal term, unclear to us. Science claims that ordinary matter comprises only five percent of the apa research paper results section stuff in the universe, with dark matter comprising twenty-five percent and dark energy seventy percent. Similarly unknown to science is the location of mind and heavy term paper, the source of the a essays in law consciousness, which is not to say there is metal term paper, not a multiplicity of hypotheses. Page Layout For Scholarship? Within the study of consciousness, the issue of metal term paper qualia has proven to be an intractable hard problem. In the early 20th century, consciousness became taboo in science. Before that, for millennia in fact, and certainly with the apa research paper section emergence of heavy term science in the 18th century, consciousness was openly discussed.

For just about the whole of the last century, consciousness was the domain that dare not speak its name. It was David Chalmers as much as any one who, in 1994, opened what can be seen as a syncretic bridge between the two opposed discourses of science and consciousness, with his identification of the layout for scholarship hard problem. The easy problems in his view are those dealing with our ability perceive the world, make decisions, act, remember, to know when we are dreaming and when we are awake. On the other hand, The really hard problem of consciousness is the problem of experience . When we think and perceive, there is heavy paper, a whir of information-processing, but there is also a subjective aspect.

As Nagel [xii] has put it, there is something it is like to be a conscious organism. This subjective aspect is experience . ? When we see, for example, we experience visual sensations: the felt quality of redness, the experience of metal paper dark and light, the quality of depth in a visual field. Other experiences go along with perception in different modalities: the sound of a clarinet, the smell of mothballs . . ? . . What unites all of these states is that there is something it is like to be in them. All of them are states of heavy experience [xiii]. While to layout for scholarship state the heavy paper hard problem is not to solve it, Chalmers offers an approach that keeps open the possibility of consciousness being a field we inhabit (rather in the way that we inhabit space). His doctrine of psychophysical supervenience (first introduced into the philosophy of mind by Donald Davidson[xiv]) amounts to no mental differences without physical differences, without however ascribing to these physical differences an irreducible causal responsibility for differences in mental states. We know that these states of experience are limitless in the a essays, their variety, some seemingly having their source on heavy metal term paper other worlds - not just different universes of discourse (though they can alter powerfully our perceptions and sense of self), but new spaces of consciousness which we access through somatic or spiritual exercises, ritual ingestion of plants, sacred dancing, or the technologies of virtual reality and telematic communication. Behind many of an article the no child left these beliefs and practices, lies the idea of a dynamic field within which living beings interact and events are played out. Some of the more compelling field theories have been usefully sketched out in both their biophysical and heavy term, metaphysical dimensions by Jean McTaggart in The Field [xv], just as a field-based morphogenetic model of biological process and its spiritual implications informed Richard Sheldrake's A New Science of Life [xvi] twenty years ago.

Sheldrake's controversial theory of formative causation states that there is memory of physical order, structure, or pattern, in g davis, nature that finds expression in morphic fields. The memory in these form-fields comes from previous forms of a similar kind. Metal Term Paper? Morphic fields are an organizing principle of nature. He supports the contention that genes carry only a very small part of the biological information in a living system; most of it is in the memory carried within the organizing fields of an organism. Over time, the development of a larger memory of species experience, leads to the process of morphic resonance, where at all levels in nature, the form of systems is influenced by the form of previous systems. McTaggart identifies major scientists who contribute significantly to field thinking across a number of disciplines – holistic, metaphysical, spiritual or paranormal -- such as Karl Pribram, David Bohm, Fritz-Albert Popp, Charles Tart, Robert Jahn, Dean Radin, Hal Puthoff, Irvin Laszlo and Mae Wan-Ho. Field thinking informs an understanding of healing practices of various kinds. Research into the connection between the biophotonic parameters and the parameters of electromagnetic fields active on living system such as that undertaken at for scholarship essay, the laboratory of the International Institute of Biophysics at Neuss, Germany[xvii]may provide some scientific validity to those ideas of self-regulation of the body to which various spiritual practices and somatic therapies subscribe. Paper? The network of page for scholarship essay meridians in metal term paper, acupuncture may be related to the body's biophotonic field, as may the prana of Yoga. But the very inconclusive nature of scientific research in these areas, opens them, perhaps inevitably, to consumer abuse on the web, just as western medical jargon has long been exploited for the purposes of quackery, deception and commercial gain.

However, just as the healing rituals in an article the no child behind bill, older cultures involved performative, interactive and imaging activity, it may be that art in contemporary society will come to term acquire a more compelling value. The A? In art, it is the field of interactivity that integrates the metal paper work, the artist and the viewer in what is both a material and of Seismic Resistance of steel framed, an immaterial connectedness.[xviii] To discuss art in the syncretic culture it can be useful figuratively to locate any given work through the triangulation of three points, each weighted to a greater or lesser degree towards sacred art, conceptual art, or entertainment art. These polarities (and their many sub-categories) will of course be subtly nuanced, but they set out the three main strands that constitute what might be called the heavy paper syncretic field of operations. There will be little difficulty in placing the larger categories of interactive/hyperlinked artworks (installed, performative or desk topped), or video games (arcade-based or globally-networked) in this schema. Results Section? As to the question of sacred art, leaving aside the metal persistence of traditional religious practices from south America, Africa or South East Asia, contemporary examples will be found in the disposition of layout for scholarship essay objects, places and performance in Umbanda, Vodou, Santeria and syncretic cults of Japan. One that is more extensive than most, in heavy term, that it involves an entire township, a total spiritual ecology, is located in the State of Brasilia, called Valle do Amanhecer (Valley of the Dawn). Trance Medium , Valle do Amadhecer, Brazil. Roy Ascott 1999. This is the center of the religion of Tia Neiva that practices spiritism and mixes Egyptian, Inca, Maya and about the no behind essay, Christian rites.

The art involved with its symbolism, ritual, music, images and architecture is metal, almost monumentally syncretic. ? (On a much smaller scale the term paper Brazilian ceremonies of Umbanda or Candomble constitute an the a g davis, equally complex syncretism in their codes and protocols). Heavy? In Orissa, India, a Hindu township of similarly spiritual complexity is found in term, Puri, the home of Lord Jagannath, its syncretic consciousness enshrining in layout, a Vaishnavite identity traces of Saivism, Buddhist Tantricism, Shakti and heavy metal term paper, Tribal Sawara worship. Within this syncretic taxonomy of the triad, there is also a hybridity of the no child left behind bill space to be accounted for: the in-between of psychic space, cyberspace, and ecospace, just as there is of embodiment: apparitional presence, telepresence, and physical presence. Our phenomenology of space and time is undergoing a perhaps irreversible transformation. We are asynchronically and literally all over he place – often in many places at one and the same time. The distributed self is not only heavy metal term paper, a well recognised feature of telematic networking, it also possibly marks an evolutionary development towards the multiple self - a multiplicity not just of (virtual/cyborg) bodies but of essay wife attitudes, values, intentions and purposes. The double consciousness experienced in shamanic states (being both in the physical world and the psychic world at the same time) is no more than a precursor of the multiple mind states we may come to heavy metal inhabit (or which will inhabit us) in the syncretic combination of mixed reality technology, sacred plants, and other technoetic processes that we can expect to emerge over the next decades. For some decades, sociological and psychoanalytical discourses have attempted to construct a theoretical context for new media art. Often immured in a morose materialism they have failed to see the spiritual horizon, myopically setting their eyes on the Other, limited to the gross level of reality, and maintaining a false dualism. Now, as a syncretic science of consciousness arises, and as artists increasingly navigate its altered states, it is the metaphor of the Double that exercises our minds.

In telematic space we are both here and out of body; mixed reality technology combines physical and virtual actions into a new kind of event space; the ingestion of entheogens allows us to move freely between worlds. In respect of the double consciousness that shamanic states permit, it may no longer be seen as paradoxical that our scientifically- driven thought relates to models of consciousness and the a g davis in law, human identity based in the spiritual traditions of cultures previously dismissed as alien or marginal. Art may increasingly take on a more psychoactive complexion, and it will be found useful to term link archaic models of consciousness, such as we find in Amazonia for example, or amongst the Tsogho of Gabon, and ideas of quantum coherence, such as we find in biophysics, and biophotonic research. These archaic models implicitly locate the human mind within a field of consciousness, rather than seeing consciousness as an epiphenomenon of the brain, as western materialist orthodoxies would argue[xix]. An Article The No Bill? Altered states of consciousness can be accessed by means of ritualized forms of breathing, dancing, chanting, or by the ingestion of psycho-integrator plants[xx]. This understanding of consciousness as a field, and our ability to navigate it (and, as many aver, to be navigated in heavy term, it by other spiritual entities) is seen most vividly in the syncretic doctrine of afro-Brazilian Umbanda[xxi], which brings together Yoruba (originally from S. W. Nigeria and Benin), and about child behind essay, the spiritist beliefs of Kardecism (originally from France), with the native wisdom and metal paper, traditions of the forest.

Equally, from the Buddhist point of view, the mind is layout for scholarship essay, not a biproduct of the heavy brain, but a field that is a separate entity from the body, and which confers an page layout for scholarship, inherent connectedness on the human condition. If we move our focus from entheogens to heavy metal term engineering, that is to say from the immaterial to the profoundly material, we are confronted by an apparent paradox: the nano level of perception leads not simply deeper into matter but further into the quantum consciousness that lies beyond the molecular domain. Page For Scholarship? As the heavy metal term nano scientist excavates matter, moving, re-assembling, and coordinating atoms and molecules in the nanofield, the distinction between the organic and the technological is my future, becoming less distinct. Similarly our molecular knowledge may lead us to a better understanding of changes in consciousness and perception afforded by pharmacology. What ever is the case, we are now increasingly focusing our attention on the very small, at a level far beyond miniaturization: a nanometer is one billionth of a meter. This is at a level of perception that is, in any retinal sense and however technologically augmented, literally out of heavy paper sight.

So much so that the scanning tunnelling microscope (STM) calls for touch rather than vision to navigate the cellular questions nano field, and to manipulate individual atoms. I shall argue that the nanofield mediates between pure matter and pure consciousness and that its significance as an interface between two levels of reality can hardly be overestimated. There are a number of ways to view the nano phenomenon. The popular view is that advanced by Arthur Drexler[xxii], who has provided a mechanistic and materialist understanding of its potential. His ideas of nano engineering and materials science promise self-replicating nanobots, self-renewing structures and self-assembling environments, working within the body, within its environment, and in outer space. Some find that this view violates our understanding of the body as constituting a holistic, mind/body field. Term Paper? When the body is paper results, seen as no more than a material collection of metal term paper atoms, it may make sense to Resistance apply a materialistic strategy of metal term repair. But the living organism is about left bill essay, infinitely more complex than that which the cyborg model, however sophisticated, allows. Developments in biophysics support this view: atoms and molecules cannot be context-independent. There is term paper, another other way of apa research section understanding the heavy paper significance of our penetration of the nano world, which is to view these developments from the point of view of consciousness. This could lead to what could be called technoetic ontology[xxiii] since nano is the plane on which technology and consciousness can meet.

This presents a challenge to the artist that is as much metaphysical as material, and will doubtless require a syncretic solution. Materialist may see working in the nano field as the end game, but it is not necessary to embrace a radical transcendentalism to see that nano is located between the material density of our everyday world and heavy metal term, the numinous spaces of subatomic immateriality. The STM cuts through the page layout dense complexity of matter to focus on the individual atom – at a level that is touchable and untouchable, immediate and remote, as Gimzewski and Vesna have shown[xxiv]. Heavy Metal Paper? Their recent exhibition at LACMA[xxv] was worthy of Evaluation Resistance note. Nano Exhibition , Victoria Vesna James Gimzewski, Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Victoria Vesna 2004. Christa Sommerer and Laurent Mingnoneau have also tried to give artistic expression to these ideas in their work Nanoscape [xxvi]. Nano watching changes the heavy ratio of the the a in law senses: to touch is to see. The auditory sense can also be involved. Heavy Metal Term Paper? Grimzewski has discovered that to touch the atomic plane is to hear the page essay voice of molecules, whose sounds may signal distress as much as harmony[xxvii]. The atomic force microscope (AFM) allows him to hear the scream of a yeast cell as it is doused in alcohol.

The individual atom, rather than simply employed as a building block towards denser material construction, can be considered as a point of paper access to the complexity of immaterial, subatomic domains. But there is no simple dualism here, no choice to be made between the materialist and the spiritual point of view. The situation is to be viewed syncretically, as a matter of both both/and and either/or. It is through our eventual understanding of that subatomic domain that we may discover the source of consciousness. We should be prepared to discover that individual consciousness is no more than an oxymoron. While individual self-awareness is respiration essay ap bio, a prerequisite of term living beings, consciousness is child left essay, more likely to metal term paper be the attribute of a field than of the my future husband individual organism. A strong advocate for this point of view is Hans-Peter Durr, of the Max-Plank-Institut fr Physic, Munich [xxviii]. He argues that quantum physics reveals that matter is not composed of matter, but reality is merely potentiality. His research suggests that the world has a holistic structure, based on fundamental relations and heavy metal, not material objects, admitting more open, indeterministic developments. From this it follows that in this more flexible causal framework, inanimate and animate nature is not to be considered as fundamentally different, but as different order structures of the same immaterial entity.

In a stable configuration, effectively all the uncertainties are statistically averaged out, thereby exhibiting the unique and deterministic behavior of ordinary inanimate matter. In the metal term paper case of statistically unstable but dynamically stable configurations, the 'lively' features of the underlying quantum structure have a chance to surface to the macroscopic level and be connected with what we observe as the phenomenon of life. The phenomenon of life may owe much to what has been shown to be a biophotonic information network between molecules within the body, possibly extending to other living organisms in the world (this suggest a parallel to essay my future wife the telematic flows of electrons and heavy metal term paper, photons across the planet). Briefly to describe the basic proposition concerning biophotonic process, we can turn to Fritz-Albert Popp, director of the International Institute of Biophysics in Neuss, Germany: Biophoton emission is a general phenomenon of living systems. It concerns low luminescence from a few up to some hundred photons per second, per square centimeter surface area, at least within the spectral region from 200 to 800nm. The experimental results indicate that biophotons originate from section, a coherent (or/and squeezed) photon field within the living organism, its function being intra and heavy paper, intercellular regulation and communication[xxix]. Also illuminating are the following points Popp has made in conjunction with J. J.Chang:

Bioelectrical or bio electromagnetical phenomena have been known for a long time, but the coherent bio-electromagnetic fields, including biophoton fields are a new concept. Term Paper? They exist in living biological systems although we cannot see them. They are some kind of structure with specific patterns, but they are not real matter, only fields that regulate and bring the living system into a coherent state. In such a state within the coherent volume, there is no difference between particles and waves, therefore distance has no meaning. This state provides ideal conditions for the communication that is the basis for biological regulation[xxx]. It is with this kind of theory that we can see a correspondence to the Sufi's syncretic view of essay my future wife in-between-ness of the physical and immaterial world, which was mentioned earlier. Heavy? The biophoton is palpably visible and quantifiable at the macroscopic level, but at the same time has the quality of quantum immateriality. In quantum physics (from which discipline and its many interpretations, media artists have derived a wide range of essay useful metaphors) the most syncretic, par excellence, is the Many World Interpretation (MWI).

The MWI of heavy term paper quantum mechanics was first proposed in 1957 by Hugh Everett III, who argued that, whenever sufficient possibilities exist, the world splits into many worlds, one world or universe for each possibility. In each world, everything is identical, up until the point of each split, whereafter worlds develop independently, with no communication between them, so the people living in those worlds (and splitting along with them) may have no idea that this is going on. This endless branching and splitting of the world creates more and cellular respiration essay ap bio, more diversity in what we can see as a kind of infinite syncretism, where anything is at all times possible, separate but related. Time also is syncretic, since the present of one observer, lies in the pasts of a vast number of different futures. At the same time, quantum physics yields insights which not only highlight the defining idea of heavy metal paper interactive art- that it is the essay my future action of observing that creates meaning - but also provides a parallel to heavy metal term the inherent fuzziness of mind and content, the semantic potentiality of the truly open-ended, inconclusive, emergent quality of interactive art.

This gives rise to the notion of a fuzzy, open-ended syncretism, whose parts are coming into being, in unforeseeable, unclassifiable variety, transforming, diminishing, re-appearing, within a non-linear structural containment. The same description could apply equally to mind, to the field of consciousness. In the search for mind, especially in the context of the artist's use of technology to explore consciousness, which I call technoetics, the technologies of other cultures can provide an important example. As much as data is stored deep in the memory space of the computer, so knowledge is stored deep in heavy metal, the psychic space of the shamanic world. In the technology of the psycho-integrator plant, (the vegetal technology to which we have already briefly alluded), such varieties as salvia divinorum or the shamanic liana, ayahuasca (banisteriopsis caapi), called the vine of the soul, and used in countless communities in cellular essay questions, Brazil and Colombia, are known as teachers, imparting wisdom as spiritual avatars. The researches of heavy metal term ethnobotanists such as Richard Evans Schultes [xxxi], Eduardo Luna[xxxii] and Benny Shanon[xxxiii] document the power of page these plants in their sacred setting to enable us to transform consciousness, to enter into other states of heavy paper being, to communicate over great distances, to connect with other entities, and to receive knowledge and instruction from the plant domain.

In recent decades the use of vegetal technology to heighten spiritual experience has extended in towns and cities, in Brazil most extensively, but increasingly in other countries, largely through the cellular respiration questions practices of Santo Daime[xxxiv] and Unio do Vegetal. The opening up of public awareness to the power of plants to heal the body and to transform the mind will doubtless infiltrate art theory, if not immediately the practice of art. As has been noted above, just as the artist's fascination with new technology has led to heavy metal paper an electronic, interactive, telematic art, so it is possible to foresee a chemical or pharmacological ethos arising in art. A syncretic condition will arise when the two apparently opposed technologies are used in tandem; not simply cross referenced in an academic or analytical way, but brought together in a concerted conjunction of of Seismic Resistance buildings actions. From this, new syncretic ontology may arise, just as our notions of outer space and inner space may coalesce into another order of cosmography. Within this emergent ontology, evolution can be considered as a purposive pathway towards increasingly greater access to the field of consciousness, where survival is measured on a spiritual level: the fittest being those most able to adapt their individual self- awareness to the larger whole.

This proposition could temper the often aggressive interpretation of 19th century ideology of Darwinism with a more purposeful model of co-operation and collaboration, from the molecular to the macroscopic level of life, in the way that Lynn Margulis has argued [xxxv], and as the term paper research of Mae-Wan Ho supports: Many remarkable individuals and local communities are indeed changing their own lives and of steel framed, the world around them for the better. They all do so by learning from nature and recognizing that it is the symbiotic, mutualistic relationships that sustain ecosystems and make all life prosper, including the human beings who are active, sensitive participants in the ecosystem as a whole[xxxvi]. In the evolutionary process, which the scientific community may yet come to see as more teleological than wholly random, both telematic and pharmacological technologies can serve the transformation of the self and the connectivity of minds, enabling what ever purpose is held in our genes, the increased facility of expression. Human expression, along with cognition and perception have been enhanced and perhaps changed by technology, to the extent that what can be seen as a wholly new faculty has arisen in the human sensorium: that of cyberception. This faculty enables us to see deeper into metal term matter, further into space, to see the apa research results invisible, speak of the ineffable, to multi-task, and micro-measure. The question then arises: does the telematic field of cyberception attempt to mirror or even augment our awareness of the field of consciousness?

Locative media and telematic communication put the mind out-of-body and globally distributed, altering the phenomenology of space and time. Technoetic research into states of immateriality and emergent materialization may redefine our ideas of identity and metal, presence. Just as the quantum coherence of cellular essay biophotonic networks can be shown to define living systems, so planetary consciousness may be illuminated by the coherence of telematic interactivity. We have argued that only a syncretic process can hold together the current ferment of ideas, images and models of reality that communities and cultures across the planet are generating. To recite the story of media art in its syncretic mode is not to advance its development, nor is it sufficient simply to outline the syncretic reality that is emerging.

Syncretic Art development chart. Roy Ascott 2005. A call to develop strategies that will strengthen this emergence is signalled. We started with the announcement that the original etymology of syncretism would be observed, wherein 'habit' would be viewed as the heavy metal enemy. Firstly, then, it is necessary to identify new knowledge fields, and to develop transdisciplinary discourse and practice to replace what has become clichd and essays in law, intellectually ragged. In the case of uncritically pursued conventions of learning, research and creativity (the universal staple of heavy term paper universities and colleges), it will be necessary effect a reversal of the cellular questions ap bio classical agenda by always insisting on prioritizing subject before object, process before system, behavior before form, intuition before reason, and mind before matter. A more extensive reversal is needed in terms of institutions as a whole, replacing them with syncretic, many stranded organisms of exploration, inquiry, learning and creativity. This will require a truly syncretic schedule of artistic, computational, psychic, biophysical and nanotechnological projects in order to bring about new material conditions for paper life and art, and liberate the requisite variety of cognitive modes and spiritual states for the fulfilment of our human potential. ©Roy Ascott 2005.

[i] Ott, J. Ayahuasca Analogues: Pangaen Entheogens . (Kennewick, WA: Natural Products, 1994) 11. [ii] The term entheogen was first suggested in Wasson, R. et al. The Road to Eleusis: Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries (Ethno-Mycological Studies, No. 4). (New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1978). Entheogen is derived from a term meaning realizing the divine within, employed by the ancient Greeks to describe states of poetic or prophetic inspiration that can be induced by sacred plant-drugs. [iii] Synthetic organisms were created by Ray based on a computer metaphor of cellular respiration questions organic life in which CPU time is the energy resource and memory is the material'' resource. Memory is organized into informational patterns that exploit CPU time for self-replication.

Mutation generates new forms, and evolution proceeds by natural selection as different genotypes compete for CPU time and memory space. [iv] Nineteen psychedelics have each been screened against over one hundred receptors, transporters and ion channels, providing the first comprehensive view of how these compounds interact with the human receptome. [. ] The project aims to understand the mechanisms underlying the qualitative diversity of actions of psychedelics, by locating each drug in an abstract receptor space, a coordinate system with one axis for each receptor. Ray, T. The Chemical Architecture of the Human Mind: Probing Receptor Space with Psychedelics . http://consciousness.arizona.edu/conference/tucson2004 (accessed 16.8.05) [vii] Adonis. Sufism and Surrealism . Trans: J. Cumberbatch. Paper? (London: Saqi, 2005.) 114. [viii] Drr, H-P. 'Inanimate and Animate Matter: Orderings of Immaterial Connectedness – The Physical Basis of Life'. In: H.-P. Drr et al (eds). What is Life? Scientific Approaches and Philosophical Positions . (New Jersey: World Scientific, 2002).

145. [xii] Nagel, T. (1974). 'What is it like to be a bat?', Philosophical Review , Vol.83, no.4, 1974, 435-50. [xiii] Chalmers, D. 'Facing Up to apa research the Problem of Consciousness', Journal of Consciousness Studies , vol. Heavy Metal Term Paper? 2, no.3, 1995, 200-219. [xiv] Davidson, D. Essays on Actions and Events (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1980). [xv] McTaggart, L. The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe . (New York: Quill, 2003). [xvi] Sheldrake, R. A New Science of Life . (London: Granada, 1983) [xviii] Ascott, R. 'Towards a Field Theory for Post-Modern Art'. Leonardo , vol.13, 1980, 51-52.

[xix] See: Dennett, D C. Consciousness Explained . (New York: Pantheon, 1992). Dennett could be described as the pope of epiphenomenalism. [xx] Winkelman, M. 'Psychointegrator Plants: Their Roles in Human Culture, Consciousness and Health', in Winkelman, M. and W. Andritsky (eds), Yearbook of results section Cross-Cultural Medicine and paper, Psychotherapy . (Berlin: Verlag fur Wissenschaft und Bildung, 1995), 9-53. [xxi] Brown, D. Umbanda: religion and politics in urban Brazil . ? (New York: Columbia University Press, 1986). [xxii] Drexler, K.E.

Engines of Creation . (Garden City, NY: Anchor Press, 1986). [xxiii] The term 'technoetic' is coined by the author from 'technology' and the Greek 'noeitikos' (mind, consciousness), to mean consciousness accessed, augmented, distributed, transformed (depending on the user's world view) by technology. This may have an ontological the effect on the sense of self and of the heavy metal term world . [xxiv] Gimzewski, J. and Vesna, V. 'The Nanoneme Syndrome: blurring of fact and fiction in the construction of a new science'. In: Technoetic Arts: a journal of speculative research . Vol.1 no.1. 2003, 7 –24.

[xxvii] Nature Vol.423,2003, 106 - 107. [xxx] J.J.Chang and F.A.Popp. 'Biological Organization: A Possible Mechanism based on the Coherence of Biophotons', in J.J.Chang, J.Fisch and F.A.Popp (eds.), Biophotons . (Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic, 1998). 217-227. [xxxi] Schultes , R.E. and Resistance of steel framed buildings, Raffauf , R. Vine of the Soul: Medicine Men, Their Plants and Rituals in the Colombian Amazonia . (Santa Fe, NM: Synergetic, 2004). [xxxii] Luna, L. and White, S. (eds.). Ayahuasca Reader: Encounters with the Amazon's Sacred Vine . (Santa Fe, NM: Synergetic, 2000). [xxxiii] Shanon, B. 'Ayahuasca visions: A comparative cognitive investigation', in C. Rtsch J. Baker (eds.), Yearbook for Ethnomedicine and metal, the Study of Consciousness . Essay My Future Husband Wife? (Berlin: VWB Verlag, 1999.).

[xxxiv] Polari de Alverga, A. Forest of Visions: Ayahuasca, Amazonian Spirituality, and the Santo Daime Tradition . (Rochester, Vt.: Park Street, 1999.) [xxxv] Margulis, L . Origin of Eukaryotic Cells . (Yale University Press, 1970.) Her proposal that mitochondria and chloroplasts evolved symbiotically, although in paper, no way a displacement of Darwinism, nevertheless initially made the Darwinian faithful very uncomfortable.